Forward-thinking Art Director with extensive experience in strategy and full-service design (agency and in-house). Demonstrated ability to achieve client goals across multiple disciplines including campaign strategy, graphic design, relationship management and new business development. Dynamic team leader with an interactive and collaborative style.
Ashli Reitz Design | San Francisco, CA 2000 – present
Freelance Art Director/Designer
Ongoing research of customer needs and marketplace dynamics allows me to provide clear brand direction and strategic design solutions across many different industries including property management, retail and technology.
- Repeat delivery of creative communication strategy, marketing promotional materials, logo designs and website design and content.
- Provided complete email strategy and responsible for shaping visual direction of multiple drip marketing campaigns.
- Continued development of custom wedding and party invitations that fit the unique details of each event.
- Partial list of clients: DocuSign, Glassdoor, Benefit Cosmetics, Brunswick Group, Common Sense Media, Yahoo and Creativebug, Prologis and Carmel Partners.
BRE Properties, Inc. | San Francisco, CA 2002 – 2014
Art/Design Director[2007 to 2014]
Graphic Design Manager [2002 to 2007]
Brand manager for $3.7B public real estate company. Created strategy, developed and designed marketing communications for 22,000-apartment portfolio spanning six U.S. markets. Materials included multichannel campaigns, email blasts, landing pages, environmental graphics, flyers, brochures, events and apparel.
- Managed in-house design team that produced and delivered over 500 marketing pieces annually.
- Led the development and launch of new corporate brand, including logo, tagline, brand attributes and colors.
- Collaborated with executive management and leadership teams on creative and implementation of company mission statement, which unified the company and focused BRE’s vision.
- Implemented and maintained self-service, marketing fulfillment tool which generated over $200K annually in marketing materials year-over-year.
- Developed ideas and content for multiple entries on company’s blog.
- Directed creative for resident referral campaign that generated a sharp increase of resident referrals.
- Oversaw email marketing program, sending more than 250,000 emails per year to residents, prospects and associates.
- Concepted and directed company-wide videos, achieving an 80% engagement and view rate.
Previous Relevant Experience:
Via inc. | San Francisco, CA
Collaborated with account team on design projects from initial concept to final production for technology, healthcare services and media companies. Directed the creative process to develop graphic materials including brand identity, web presence, packaging and printed collateral. Clients included Applied Materials, PRN, Lifespire and VelocityHSI.
Art direction and design
Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
Practical use of Dreamweaver and HTML
Email applications: ExactTarget, MailChimp, Constant Contact and Vertical Response
BFA in Visual Communications
University of Kansas | Lawrence, KS